2017 is beginning to wind down and people throughout the world are starting to contemplate the year that has just passed. The holidays is that special time of the year (even if you are not religious) where life slows down for a moment and we get time for ourselves and our loved ones. With all of the things on our to-do list, it can be quite challenging to check in and see if we are getting what we want from life.
These days with social media and direct access to the Internet on our mobile device, life seems to be speeding up and there is no sign of it slowing down. While there are many benefits from having direct access to so much information, many wonder if we have lost touch with important aspects of simple living.
The truth is, cultivating our health and wellness takes time. It takes the willingness to slow down and become mindful of our choices and actions. It requires our ability to breathe and move at a pace that is natural to our own selves. Yet in this day and age we can easily lose sight of this natural rhythm when we attempt to take on more than we can handle or keep up with what we think we are supposed to be doing.
As life continues to speed up, now more than ever it is paramount that you truly be in touch with what is important to you and what makes you whole and happy. Don't focus on what other people are doing, stay true to yourself and find your pace of life that brings you joy so that you can live in harmony with your environment.
So as you begin to wind down the year that has just passed and begin to look towards the future, we wanted to provide you ten inspirational quotes and words that might spark your imagination in a way that reminds you of what is most important in life: inner peace and wellness.
1. Pleasure is always derived from something outside you, whereas joy arises from within. ― Eckhart Tolle
2. Listen to the inner light; it will guide you. Listen to inner peace; it will feed you. Listen to inner love; it will transform you, it will divinize you, it will immortalize you. - Sri Chinmoy
3. Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical disabilities and mental distractions, the gates of the soul open. – B.K.S. Iyengar
4. Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances. ― Mahatma Gandhi
5. Be patient with yourself as your evolve. Small, healthy choices make a big difference in the long run! – Smidts in St Louis
6. I am content; that is a blessing greater than riches; and he to whom that is given need ask no more. ― Henry Fielding
7. You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all-powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t-shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was. ― Anthon St. Maarten
8. Don’t live your life with anger and hate in your heart. You’ll only be hurting yourself more than the people you hate. - Unknown
9. Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset. - Saint Francis de Sales
10. I find it sad that too many do not understand themselves, or their potential. They don’t even take the time to get to know their unconsciousness. You can truly learn so much, by simply getting to know the “you” that is behind the reality of yourself. ― Lionel Suggs